Saw the trailer for Sleepy Hollow in the theater during Conjure Rim. It looked good (“have you been emancipated?”) but I’ve been burnt by beautiful black female lead in a mystery/supernatural type show* before. Now, my friends have started talking about how much they enjoy it. So, this morning, we took the plunge…
If you haven’t seen the 1st episode, beware spoilers.
- I like how the headless horseman stopped and posed so that the emancipated black lady police officer could take a good long look.
- Wait, did the Asian officer just arrest the first scraggly looking white man he saw? Oh, this is going to be interesting.
- “First I shot him and he rose back up, beheading him seemed the next logical step.” <–yes, best horror movie logic ever!!
- Smart Officer Abby–knew better than to admit that she saw a headless dude, yes!
- Ichy will have you know that he was on #teamabolishslavery! If Abbie had offered him a cookie right then…
- M: Wait, shouldn’t his muscles have been atrophied?
Me: his sense of entitlement didn’t atrophy either.
- Did she uncuff Ichy when they went to the grave? Officer Abbie, that’s a mistake–putting them on equal footing before you know what the deal is. Hope it doesn’t come back to haunt her.
- The minister is a wizard? Are we having a Harry Potter moment?
- Officer Andy,. say it ain’t so! Well, that does explain things.
- Headless Horseman has a modern firepower? You’d think he have a musket or something.
- “Put Your Hands ON Your Hea–” LOL
- Ah, so Abbie and Ichy were meant to fight the evil together. Yet, he has a wife and she has an ex-boyfriend. Hmm.
- Witches, four horsemen, apocalypse, evil creature of the week?
Okay, I’m in. Let me go set the dvr.
*I’m referring to Night Stalker starring Gabrielle Union and Stuart Townsend. Pretty people can’t save a bad show.