Notes from Sleepy Hollow
Saw the trailer for Sleepy Hollow in the theater during Conjure Rim. It looked good (“have you been emancipated?”) but I’ve been burnt by beautiful black female lead in a mystery/supernatural type show* before. Now, my friends have started talking about how much they enjoy it. So, this morning, we took the plunge…
If you haven’t seen the 1st episode, beware spoilers.
- I like how the headless horseman stopped and posed so that the emancipated black lady police officer could take a good long look.
- Wait, did the Asian officer just arrest the first scraggly looking white man he saw? Oh, this is going to be interesting.
- “First I shot him and he rose back up, beheading him seemed the next logical step.” <–yes, best horror movie logic ever!!
- Smart Officer Abby–knew better than to admit that she saw a headless dude, yes!
- Ichy will have you know that he was on #teamabolishslavery! If Abbie had offered him a cookie right then…
- M: Wait, shouldn’t his muscles have been atrophied?
Me: his sense of entitlement didn’t atrophy either.
- Did she uncuff Ichy when they went to the grave? Officer Abbie, that’s a mistake–putting them on equal footing before you know what the deal is. Hope it doesn’t come back to haunt her.
- The minister is a wizard? Are we having a Harry Potter moment?
- Officer Andy,. say it ain’t so! Well, that does explain things.
- Headless Horseman has a modern firepower? You’d think he have a musket or something.
- “Put Your Hands ON Your Hea–” LOL
- Ah, so Abbie and Ichy were meant to fight the evil together. Yet, he has a wife and she has an ex-boyfriend. Hmm.
- Witches, four horsemen, apocalypse, evil creature of the week?
Okay, I’m in. Let me go set the dvr.
*I’m referring to Night Stalker starring Gabrielle Union and Stuart Townsend. Pretty people can’t save a bad show.